Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Look Back

Over the past two months I can say that I have learned a lot in Life drawing. Looking through my newsprint I am taken back to how inhuman my first drawings look. Gradually, the drawings start to look like a person as I keep flipping through the newsprint. The last drawings are pretty good, but I know there is still more I can improve on. Just this past weekend, I finally understood how to do cross contour with the second shell drawing. Although, I dread doing the shell drawings, they have helped me understand cross contour a lot more.

One of my favorite parts of the class is building the muscles for the manikin. The first set of muscles were hard to build, but after that they have been going pretty well. Trying to visualize the muscles on the model when we are drawing them I have a harder time doing. Also, trying to find some of the bones on the model has been hard too. I am slowly figuring the tell signs of where the bones are on the model. I can only hope that I will keep improving over the next two months.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kollersk/

1 comment: