Monday, April 5, 2010

Fields of Contour


This past break I traveled to Grand Forks, North Dakota to visit my brother. As we were driving up there we passed lots of crop fields. The more and more I saw I realized that rolling the cut corn fields started to resemble the contours lines on my shell. As I looked more closely I realized that I was tying to figure out how I would draw the contour of those rolling fields. It is interesting how the average day item that I have seen thousands of times now reminds me of life drawing. It just shows how much this class has impacted me.

2 comments:

  1. nice observation, Sara. I know exactly what you're talking about--starting to see contours in everything. It's very cool to realize how you're starting to see differently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. It would have been fun to find a picture of a corn field and put it next to one of your contour drawings to visually illustrate this vision. :)

    ReplyDelete