Monday, April 19, 2010

Alejandro

I would like to introduce everyone to Alejandro my shell. It has taken me all semester to figure out the perfect name. I came to me when I was working out tonight and the Lady Gaga song Alejandro came on as I was running. Then I thought what a perfect name for my shell.

This drawing is of Alejandro the shell. It is very pink which is interesting because the ink I used was orange. Oh Well. I like how the drawing turned out, but there are places where the shell looks flat. It is very hard to draw shells in perspective. I would have liked our teacher to have told use the best way to draw our shells. Although, it is easy to see the progression that I have made since my first drawing. When I was doing the ink wash I started out very light and started getting darker, but I was nervous to add more black. When the ink was dry it was a lot darker and when it dried it was a lot lighter than I expected it would be. I am looking forward for the next drawing so I can do more ink wash. I am not a bog fan of doing the drawing of the shell. We will have to see. I will keep your updated about how the next drawing turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment